DESIGNERS – WOULD YOU LIKE TO DEVELOP ON THE TAO PLATFORM?
Request your device and get started! Tao is supplying a limited number of devices to students (at no cost) to develop on and use to prototype for the Challenge!
To get your TAO WellShell, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The design teams are encouraged to think about ways to utilize TAO’s pressure system, accelerometer, gyro, & optical heart rate monitor. TAO can be used as an input/output device for all sorts of things. Please get info on TAO’s game API here.
MAKE INNOVATIVE APPS AND USES FOR TAO
- new accessories for TAO (industrial design)
- new uses for the TAO WellShell as an input output device (changing TV channels, operating household lights or appliances, etc . . .)
- therapeutic uses for TAO, working with therapists & health professionals
- applications designed specifically for the elderly or handicapped
- applications that capture user data in innovative ways
- connecting our application to other fitness & wellness & lifestyle apps
MAKE NEW GAMES FOR TAO
Games are a great way to encourage people to integrate exercise into their life. You can see how TAO does this now with our multiplayer Sumo game, and by using the TAO WellShell as a game controller to play popular mobile games.
Other possible applications:
- new game that asks the player to try a series of different exercises to progress through the game, perhaps depicting the exercises on screen during the game
- new game that rewards how many reps, or how many exercises you do
- new game for TAO that uses the device’s accelerometer as well as the Pressure sensor (we have demo game mechanics available to show the design teams, that act sort of like “asteroids” where the player uses both the accelerometer and the pressure sensor)
- new game for TAO that’s multiplayer on mobile & ties in well to social media
- TAO games for facebook and other social sites