LONGEVITY IN THE NEWS
- 5/23/2013 - Average U.S. 401(k) balance tops $80,000, up 75 percent since 2009
- 5/22/2013 - The Experts: The Best Books for Retirees
- 5/22/2013 - A Benefit of Aging: Flu Protection
FACULTY AFFILIATES IN THE NEWS
- 5/20/2013 - At risk for chronic hepatitis B?
- 5/15/2013 - Stanford engineers monitor heart health using paper-thin flexible 'skin'
- 5/9/2013 - Brain, heal thyself? Stanford research describes delayed onset of multiple sclerosis in mice
February 27, 2013 – Upcoming Lectures at the Center: Jane Brody, Paula Gianturco, The U.S. Is Aging Faster Than Anticipated, New Study Finds Link between Alzheimer’s Gene, Aging, and Hormone Therapy
December 19, 2012 – FY 2011-2012 Annual Report of the Center, Laura Carstensen, Founding Director of the Stanford Center on Longevity, recognized by AARP as one of the “50-over-50” Influentials in the U.S. for 2013, Collaboration with Next Avenue.org
November 28, 2012 – Stanford Center on Longevity Launches New Website, Scams, Schemes, and Swindles: A Review of Consumer Financial Fraud Research, Financial Fraud Research Center Sponsors New Research Project
May 9, 2012 – How to Beat Government Bonds — Using Social Security, May 17: Distinguished Lecture Series — “Darwin, Diet, Disease, and Dollars,” Dr. Robert Lustig, Is the number/advancing age of baby boomers driving the debate on Healthcare Reform?